editorial team. If you make a purchase through the links mentioned below, we may receive a commission. Check out our product
research & curation process
They say good shoes take you to good places, but they forgot to mention what to do if the shoe hurts or when you have an injury or pain in your feet. That’s why we have come up with a list of the best sneakers for foot pain that are specifically designed to alleviate any kind of soreness, distress, or inflammation by offering features like enhanced stability and shock absorption. Additionally, they help in reducing discomfort associated with conditions such as plantar fasciitis, bunions, metatarsalgia, and flat feet.
Whether you are going to use them for walking, running, exercising, or just everyday wear to run and get groceries, they will provide supreme comfort during different movements and can be worn for extended periods without causing additional foot pain. Based on their features, performance, and flexibility, we have created a list of the best workout shoes for sore feet that are known for their pain-relieving features.
Scroll down to know more!
Our top picks
Best Anti-skid Properties
8 Best Sneakers for Foot Pain to Soothe Your Soles and Heels
STQ’s designer shoes come with an elastic cuff which makes it easy, hassle-free, and convenient to slip on and off. The pair has a cushioning memory foam, making you feel like walking on soft pillows. Furthermore, it offers a low arch support and is perfect for all sorts of activities. As per our research, this pair of shoes for foot pain has durable knit upper with a good stretch. Plus, the customers have raved about their smooth outer mesh fabric that provides great flexibility and comfort.
- Easy slip-on design
- Can be machine washed
- Size may vary from the size chart
DrSholl’s Slip On SHOES
Made from faux leather and soft canvas, DrSholl’s shoes are ideal for people dealing with foot pain. They are the OG of comfort as the slip-on design comes with padded collars to provide grip, while the soft insole is crafted from 11% bio-based materials like recycled plastic water bottles. Moreover, it is lightweight and flexible. To note, it also has a soft cushioning, built-in arch support, and a smooth heel cup. Meanwhile, the best part about them still is that they are available in 29 different colors and designs. So, why wait? Grab this pair and head to your workout sessions pain-free while looking as stylish as ever.
- Faux leather
- Padded collar
- Easy slip-on design
- Soft linings
FitVille Walking Shoes for Heel Pain Relief
FitVille’s sneakers for foot pain are especially designed for people with wider feet and those who are suffering from feet-related problems like hammertoes and bunions among others. They include extended room near the toes for free movement which helps in minimizing foot fatigue. Talking about its exquisite craftsmanship, it’s essential to note that they are made from premium-quality durable suede and the mesh fabric in between ensures your feet stay dry all day. Plus, the outsoles are rigid and offer additional grip and motion stability.
- Wide toe box
- Hands-free slip-on design
- Shock-absorption design
- Rigid outsoles
gdefy Mighty Walk Pain Relieving Shoes
- Has extra room for comfort
- Breathable mesh
- Prevents sweating
- Reduces foot stress
Best for Everyday Use
OrthoComfoot Canvas Slip-on Shoes
OrthoComfoot has used high-quality canvas fabric to create these lightweight loafers that help relieve foot problems. These shoes have orthopedic insoles and shock absorbing outsoles and are perfect for a variety of foot conditions like arthritis, overpronation, and heel pain. Our research indicates that the insoles offer strong arch support made of a soft cushioning layer with PU memory foam base. Furthermore, the comfortable canvas fabric has outstanding heat reducing properties which means your feet won’t sweat profusely. Last but not the least, available in many patterns and colors, they are edgy and promise a stylish addition to your overall look.
- Premium quality insole
- Comfortable upper
- Easy slip-on design
- Shock-absorbing properties
Best Workout Shoes
OrthoComfoot Lace-up Shoes
Add a dash of fashion and functionality to your LOTD with OrthoComfoot’s loafers that feature rubber soles and high-quality canvas fabric. They are easy to slip on and take off. On the contrary, you can also use them as lace-up shoes because of their versatile design. They are super lightweight and the outer material has excellent shock absorption properties that helps in relieving pain. Plus, the black hard TPU material on the back of the insole supports the arch of your foot and wraps your heel when you are running or other physical activities.
- Removable insoles
- Can be used as slip-on or lace-up
- Relieves foot pain
- Rubber outsole
Best Arch Support
XPACS Walking shoes
Xpacks’ shoes for painful feet feature a contoured metatarsal support and a deep heel cup that aligns the feet to reduce pain and control motion. They help in easing stress and pain caused by flat feet, plantar fasciitis, and achilles tendonitis. After trying out this product, we found out that the pair is made from faux fur and leather with an advanced and durable upper stitching design. In addition to that, it is crafted with high-quality soles by injecting them with lightweight EVA materials to create an integral, flexible and cushioning bond between the upper and the outsole.
- Metatarsal support
- Reduces foot pain
- High-quality sole
Best Anti-skid Properties
URRAX Orthopedic Shoes
Urrax’s shoes for feet that hurt are made of best-quality suede leather and waterproof PU that’s easy to clean and maintain. Also, the pair has removable orthotic soles on the inside that offer arch support and enhance comfort while strong cushioning in the sole provides a soft pillow-like feel to relieve the foot and heel pain. The shoes feature a lace-up design and you can adjust the straps to tighten or loosen zones based on your narrow or wide feet. Moreover, they are durable, waterproof, breathable, and have anti-skid outsoles.
- Orthopedic insole
- Lace-up design
- Suede leather
- Anti-skid properties
The above-listed sneakers allow proper airflow, prevent excessive moisture, and keep your feet dry and comfortable. They are all great shoes from reputable brands. However, it’s important to know that you need to choose a pair based on your preference and needs. Read along to know how you can choose the best sneakers for foot pain.
How to Choose the Best Sneakers for Foot Pain?
Choosing sneakers for foot pain involves considering several important factors. Here’s a step-by-step guide that will help you make an informed decision:
- Consult a Healthcare Professional: Start by consulting a healthcare professional, such as a podiatrist or an orthopedic specialist. They will evaluate your foot condition, identify the cause of your pain, and provide specific recommendations best suited to your needs.
- Foot Type: Understanding your foot type is crucial for selecting the right sneakers. Consider whether you have high arches, low arches (flat feet), or neutral arches. This information will guide you in choosing shoes with appropriate support and cushioning.
- Arch Support: Look for sneakers that offer adequate arch support. They should provide a supportive structure or built-in arch support technology to help distribute weight evenly across the foot and reduce strain on the arches.
- Cushioning And Shock Absorption: Opt for sneakers with sufficient cushioning and shock absorption properties. You can do so by looking for shoes that have ample midsole cushioning and padding in the heel area because this feature helps absorb impact and reduce pressure on your feet.
- Proper Fit: Ensure that the sneakers fit properly. They should provide enough room for your toes to move comfortably without feeling cramped. Also, the shoes should secure your foot without being too tight or too loose, as this can lead to additional foot pain or discomfort.
How to Use Men’s Best Sneakers for Foot Pain?
Here are some tips on how you use the best sneakers for foot pain:
- Socks: Wear proper socks. Choose one which is moisture-wicking and made from breathable materials as they can help keep your feet dry, reduce friction, and minimize the risk of blisters or discomfort. On the other hand, avoid wearing thick or tight socks that may restrict circulation or cause irritation.
- Gradual Break-in: If you’re wearing new sneakers, allow for a gradual break-in period. Start by wearing them for shorter durations, and gradually increasing the time as your feet adjust to the new shoes. This can help prevent potential discomfort or irritation.
- Activity-specific Use: Consider the specific activities you’ll be engaging in while wearing the sneakers. For example, if you’re running, choose running-specific sneakers with proper cushioning and support to absorb impact effectively.
- Regular Maintenance: Take care of your sneakers by cleaning them regularly and inspecting for any signs of damage. Replace worn-out shoes to ensure continued support and comfort for your feet.
People usually make shoe contact before they make eye contact! So, select the best sneaker for foot pain that’s not only comfortable but also looks aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. You can try on different brands and models to assess comfort, support, and overall feel. Whichever feels right and matches your personal style, purchase that one right away and ease your foot discomfort. Happy shopping!
Ankita is a budding journalist and a certified fashion expert. If the Fashion police were an official organization, A More
Does wearing shoes help relieve foot pain?
Yes. Wearing proper shoes can prevent foot pain. Also, well-fitted shoes provide protection against other external injuries as well, such as coming in contact with sharp objects or uneven surfaces.
Are sneakers actually good for your feet?
Yes. Not only are they good for your feet because they make your workout sessions more intense by offering support and comfort, they are also great for all other physical activities including dancing, trekking, and bicycle riding.
What are the best shoes to wear for foot pain?
Shoes that conform to your width and breadth are the best shoes to wear if you have foot pain. For example, if you have bunions, then select a show with a wide toe box.
Are sneakers good for plantar fasciitis?
Yes. Sneakers are good for plantar fasciitis but they need to have a thick firm cushion and arch support
Is walking barefoot good or bad for plantar fasciitis?
Walking barefoot is bad for plantar fasciitis. You need to wear shoes to walk both indoors and outdoors.
What shoes should you not wear with plantar fasciitis?
If you have plantar fasciitis, avoid shoes like flip flops and heels.
Why Trust select
Ankita is a budding journalist and a certified fashion expert. If the fashion police were an official organization, Ankita would definitely be a member of it as she patrols the internet for new trends and blunders that are associated with the fashion industry. Ankita makes sure that her experience and knowledge become the foundation of all the content she puts forward to her readers. Storytelling, dancing, reading novels, and binge-watching movies are her favorite pastime activities.
And, here, after thorough research, she has shortlisted the best sneakers for foot pain that are extremely effective.
Our product experts study the specifications of every product we suggest and try them out to bring what’s proven to be worthy of your money, time, and energy. We also have subject matter experts from various fields like Fashion, Skincare, Haircare, Home Decor, and Health & Fitness onboard to make sure our suggestions are credible and trustworthy. You can trust select to be your faithful shopping guide for all the right reasons!